Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Modern Twelve Days of Christmas

We all know the song, and yeah, it's fun to list all those lords, geese, and rings (Let's not forget the rings!). But I've always taken issue with the gifts that poor singer's true love gave to him/her. Face it. Who needs all those birds? Twelve drummers drumming? There isn't enough Excedrin in the world to cure that headache.
After 25 years of wedded bliss, my hubster has made his share of mistakes with Christmas gifts. I'd like to think he could do better than this list, though. Here's what I'd hope I'd find (and rhyming is not a prerequisite):

12: new romance novels
11: Starbucks gift cards
10: scented bubble baths
9: music CDs
8: colored hair clips
7: boxes of Kcups
6: ink cartridges
5: of my favorite chocolates
4: pairs of pjs
3: pairs of earrings
2: Broadway show tickets
and a new iPad tablet for meeeeeee!

So...what would your true love give to you?

3 comments:

Carolyn Brown said...

Love this post! Very very good true love to give those kinds of gifts. Who wants twelve lords a leaping in this day or however many maids a milking? LOL

Sandy Cody said...

I'm with you, Gina - especially about the twelve drummers drumming. I'm the mother of a drummer and, believe me, one is enough. Love your list of desired gifts - would be happy to receive any of them.

Sandy Cody said...

I'm with you, Gina - especially about the twelve drummers drumming. I'm the mother of a drummer and, believe me, one is enough. Love your list of desired gifts - would be happy to receive any of them.