Friday, June 21, 2024

As Time Goes By

As Time Goes By

11/14/2013 10:17PM

Time has a habit of leaving no trace. Once a moment, minute, hour or day disappears, what we have left is memory – faulty in almost all respects. My debut novel, Wait a Lonely Lifetime, published in April 2012 – one of the last books to be published by Avalon Books – is now a Montlake publication as paperback and ebook (October 2012) and a little over a year old.  

06/21/2024 9:15PM

Even as I write, time is running well ahead of my words.  In 2010, I was a novice in the world of publishing fiction. I was no novice to writing fiction. I'd been writing stories from the age of ten, telling stories since I could talk. 

My roll-top desk drawers are stacked high with manuscripts, notes, notebooks, ideas, rejection letters.

Before that first publication, I had edited three collections of women's autobiographical essays:
On My Life, Parachutes & Petticoats, Iancs, Conshis a Spam  which were published by Honno The Welsh Women's Press  of which I was a founding member. My years with Honno gave me the publishing experience I was later able to employ when, after the publication of Wait a Lonely Lifetime, I decided time was passing and I had less patience to wait for publishers' editors to receive, read, accept or reject my work.



No comments: