Monday, January 16, 2012

Hunger Games

hi folks,

recently one of our group wondered if any of us were reading hunger games by suzanne collins. curious, i got book and just finished reading it.
i'm not crazy about present tense books, but i liked the book.
it is a compelling story filled with danger, unrequited love, and a young girl's gritty determination.
i can see why it is such a hit.
At first, i didn't care for the ending but when i learned this was the first of a three-book series, i understood.
it was a good read.

kent

1 comment:

Jayne Ormerod said...

Kent, there is no doubt the book is very popular. Started out strictly YA but momentum gaining with those of us who are a bit "longer in the tooth" shall we say? Since I am more of an HEA (happily ever after) kind of girl, I found this book dark and depressing. But I'm glad I read it. I need to break out of my reading comfort zone every now and then.