Thursday, April 29, 2010

THE EVERYTHING GUIDE TO WRITING A ROMANCE NOVEL by Christie Craig and Faye Hughes

So…another of my attempts to improve my writing led me to read this book. Are you like me, search the internet for articles on problem issues, for answers to topics you aren’t familiar with, or just looking for good advice?
This is a time consuming activity. You can end up with duplicate copies, bulging files of ‘must have’ articles and still feel lost.
I found the solution in my local bookstore…

NAME OF BOOK: THE EVERYTHING GUIDE TO WRITING A ROMANCE NOVEL by Christie Craig and Faye Hughes
WHY I READ THIS BOOK: The title pulled me in…the great list of topics insured the book came home with me.
LEARNED: This book covers many topics a beginner needs…and provides tips for those of us who need a refresher.
WAS IT HELPFUL: [1]=Routine up to [5]=Ah ha Moment
This book is a [5].
COLOR CODING: [underlined in a different color each time I read] [1] a New Book… up to… [5] Trying to master
This book is a [1] a new book on my shelf, but one I will keep going back to for information.
TAKE AWAY: Oh, how I wish this book had been around when I first started working on ‘my dream’ to become a writer. I will keep it close for reference.

Have you read this book? What do you think?

No comments: